Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Spark

The man went forth in eyes of night
And in the darkness sparked delight
A righteous wave of eldritch pow’r
Push’t back the gloom and stayed the hour.

A battle fought ‘tween light and dark;
An evil army ‘gainst the spark,
But then the spark became a fire
And took up Evil in its pyre

‘Till nothing of the dark remained
Except the smoke and space it claimed
And from this smoke came wand’ring souls
Freedom pouring from its holes.

A broken dam of life ill-took
Released the souls of the forsook
And wandered they to heavens air
And tasted grace and beauty there.

The spark, its duty done, withdrew
And time itself began anew
It slipped inside its earthy home;
And watched them roll away the stone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Fano, what's the source of this poem?

11:18 PM  
Blogger Fano said...

I was lying in bed one night and the first line popped into my head. I thought I had heard it before, so I searched for it on the net. I couldn't find anything, so I wrote it down. Then I wrote the next line, and the next, and so on until it was done. It was a natural flow of imagery and expression inspired by scripture and expanded by the imagination.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home