Wednesday, January 11, 2006

HUGE Blooper in "Lost"

Well, I was impressed with the series "Lost", airing on ABC Wednesdays at 9 PM ET until the episode that aired tonight (Jan. 11, 2006).

Tonight there was a scene when Charlie and Mr. Echo come across the drug-runner's plane and Mr. Echo burns it, deciding to take on his dead brother's role of Catholic Priest. Mr. Echo starts to quote Psalm 23 from the Bible: "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not be in want..." Charlie joins in on the phrase "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death..."

Except...they don't say "The valley of the shadow of Death." They say "the shadow of the valley of Death", which is a gross mis-quotation of the King James version of the Bible, which is what the prayer sounded like. Unless there's a Catholic version that I'm not aware of, the producers at ABC were a little lax with what they would probably call their "Religious Consultant." Or maybe the show's writer was dyslexic.

Anyway, I was disappointed by this blatant error. I'm going to keep watching out of interest, but the show's already-low credibility has already dropped a few more notches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home